Regular diners at the Hundred House will be familiar with the delightful desserts whipped up by Sheila. She has been part of the Hundred House since it opened, and it’s fair to say her creations are a mainstay of our menus.
I’m hoping to get some time to chat to Sheila later in the week, but in the meantime, here’s a recipe that makes the most of that delicious jam from our last post.
1lb soft butter
1lb Caster Sugar
14oz ground almonds mixed with 2oz Plain Flour
2 tsp almond essence
4oz Icing Sugar
1) Whisk caster sugar into butter until creamy
2) Add 1 egg at a time and whisk into butter mix being careful not to split mix. After 4 eggs add ¼ of the almond flour mix
3) Add the other 4 eggs one at a time and gently fold in the rest of the almond mix.
To make the tart-
1) Line moulds or flan dish with sweet pastry and blind bake briefly.
2) Spread base with raspberry jam then top with almond mix and bake for 15-25 minutes at 185°c
3) Allow to cool then dress with icing sugar mixed to a light paste with water