Eagle-eyed Facebook followers will know that Christmas is in full swing at the Hundred House. I thought I’d take the chance to tell you more about our stunning new decorations in the Tithe Barn.
Following expert tuition from Denise Purnell of Ginger Lily Florist, our events and wedding guru Joanne Phillips created six new garlands for our barn. Drawing on her years of expertise in the industry Jo chose colours that will be a perfect complement to any colour scheme, as well as bringing extra sparkle to our Christmas party events.
Each garland takes around two hours to make. I asked Jo for her tips on how create the perfect festive finish.
- Don’t feel you have to spend a fortune. Simple baubles can be transformed with skillful arrangement.
- Decide on a theme. A jumble of ideas can look cute and quirky, but keep a common thread, even if it’s just colour.
- Plan your design before you start. There’s nothing more frustrating than having to start rewiring half-way through.
- Prepare all your materials, even down to cutting the florist wire.
- Take care to keep all the decorations front facing.
So there you have it, simple effective decorations that will bring stunning sparkle to our tithe barn.
More photos of the hotel and restaurant are on their way, plus news about our luscious lunch menus and delightful dinner. If you really can’t wait, have a look on Facebook, where there’s a sneak peek of our festive food.
For information about Ginger Lily Florist have a look at their Facebook page
Or follow them on Instagram