Funeral Wakes & Post Funeral Reception
Here at The Hundred House we understand what a difficult and upsetting time this can be. A time when care is needed, both to give your loved one a fitting celebration of their life, whilst also sheltering yourself from the stress of organising, staffing and catering for such an event.
Our professional and friendly staff will ensure that all details are taken care of, in beautiful surroundings with delicious homemade food. We have 2 areas to host in:
Hire Price – £50
A private room within the Hotel, is ideal for more intimate Wakes of up to 35 guests.
Hire Price – £250
The 17th Century Oak Tithe Barn, complete with hundreds of twinkling fairy lights in the beams is perfect for between 35-120 guests.
Below are some sample menus, however everything in made from scratch in our kitchens and we aim to be as flexible as possible. If there’s something you’d like to have which isn’t listed, please don’t hesitate to ask our Events Manager.
- Roast Beef with Cucumber & Horseradish & Pickled Cucumber
- Home Poached Ham with Tomato & Pickle
- Mature Cheddar with Lettuce and Tomato (V)
- (Please note sandwich fillings can be varied from above to suit)
- Black Pudding, Chorizo & Caramelised Apple Skewer
- Leek, Mushroom & Blue Cheese Quiche (V)
- Creamy Salmon & Fresh Tarragon Vol au Vents
- Freshly Baked Sausage Roll
- Hot Pizza with Tomato, Mozzerella, Capers & Fresh Basil (V)
- Potato Wedges (Sea Salt or Cajun Spiced)
- Dressed Mixed Salad
- Tomato, Red Onion, Olives & Pesto Dressing
- Endive Fingers with Celery & Creamed Stilton
- Squidgy Chocolate Brownie Bites
- Freshly Made Scones, Whipped Cream & Apricot Jam
- Victoria Sponge Bites
- Treacle Tart with Chantilly Cream
Tea & Filter Coffee supplied throughout & topped up as required..
Choose your our Buffet Selection:
Sandwiches, 3 x Savoury items, 1 x Salad item & 1 x Dessert item
Sandwiches, 4 x Savoury items, 2 x Salad item & 1 x Dessert item
Sandwiches, 5 x Savoury items, 2 x Salad items, 2 x Dessert items
*Price per head
We have 9 bedrooms onsite, should you or any of your guests wish to stay the night before or after the funeral. Please ask about our preferential rates. The Hundred House is the perfect and tranquil Countryside Venue to visit after the funeral of your loved one.
Our room options include:
Superior Double Rooms
Superior Family Rooms
Double & Twin Rooms
We are located on the A442 between Telford and Bridgnorth, just 14 minutes drive from Telford Crematorium, with a great many Churches also within easy reach.
The Hotel and Barn both have a fully stocked bar and plenty of free parking is offered.
Please do get in touch on
Ask for Gemma or Jo. We’d be happy to show you around and answer any questions you may have.